Saturday, September 15, 2012

Last Week of Month 8

Oh my gosh! Can you believe it??? 35 weeks!!!!! We are only 2 weeks from full term and only one week away from starting the ninth month! The month we've been waiting for right?!?! I can't even describe how excited I am about our life right now. We have our budget finally evened out to where we are comfortable with how it looks, we have the nursery finished and our baby will be here in 2-5 weeks! Braxton Hicks have been getting more frequent which gets me super excited every time I feel one and its time to start packing for the big day. Really soon we will be going to a doula class about how to coach during birth and what to expect. I'm sure that blog will be written as soon as we get back because I am sure I will learn a lot!

Let's see the symptoms and stuff that has happened the past 2 weeks....
Well I was told multiple times that the GBS test was going to be AWFUL. It's not. I was shocked at how simple it was and how it really wasn't a big deal at all. I'm learning people tend to exaggerate medical procedures so I think I am going to just block out stuff that people tell me. I'll know the results of the test in two weeks, when I go back to see the midwife. And just as a side note... I LOVE my midwife!!! She is so great! Every time I see her she is pleasant and happy, she truly loves her job and it shows. I am so at ease with her and I'm sure that will help tremendously in the birthing process.
Swollen ankles and feet have been a big thing! Usually they are down every morning but by the end of the day they are swollen right back up. Not a huge deal but it looks horrible.
I've also had shortness of breath every once in a while. That tends to happen at random times and it is just the baby pushing up on my diaphragm. If I breathe in deep the baby tends to move away from it and ta-da no more shortness of breath.

Before I close the blog I have to brag on my hubby for a second. He has been absolutely incredible during this pregnancy! He has picked up slack when I couldn't do things around the house, he's made sure I was feeling ok and has offered multiple back, feet and neck massages when I wasn't feeling well. He is such a great man and I don't brag on him enough :). I am one lucky woman to have him as my husband and our child is going to have an amazing father!

No comments:

Post a Comment