Monday, July 9, 2012

Ouch That Hurts!

Hi everyone. It's been a long time again and I apologize. I have been nesting!!!! We have been cleaning and cleaning and organizing and I think its finally done.  So here I am stuck with insomnia so I thought it would be best to write about it.

We are at 25 weeks. Can you believe it?!?! I know I can't. It seems to be flying by! And since we are 3 weeks from the third trimester, I am really starting to feel the pregnancy pains. I am in a constant state of uncomfortable. My back hurts, my legs get crampy, my feet and legs swell, and the worst is the insomnia. I absolutely hate to complain but its starting to get to me :(. The thing that has been the most frustrating is that I really try not to complain but when I finally do to let off a little steam it seems like a lot people either don't believe me or down-play how I feel. I've been told I'm not that big, I'm not that far along etc all as reasons to say I shouldn't be in pain. I don't really feel these comments are warranted though. I understand that I have only gained 20 lbs but I'm also carrying all out in front, that means my back is going to be hurting alot  because of the strain. Leg cramps and insomnia are extremely common in women at the end of their 2nd trimester and continue on into the third. And who hasn't heard of women's legs and feet swelling during pregnancy?? I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive but I feel like I've done really well and the insensitivity really really upsets me. It's not just one person or a couple of a people believe it or not this keeps happening to me.

I say all that to say this. Please be kind to people, pregnant or not. Some people hold in alot of emotion and you may be unaware of how badly they really feel. If they do decide to let you in on a small portion of their emotional state, be sensitive. Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I understand what you're going through. Of course my experiences were a bit different than yours (only one of my feet swelled, lol) but pregnancy is hard and causes all kinds of uncomfortable situations unique to each individual. Just 15 weeks and believe it or not (I sure didn't) but once the lil one comes these things will go away and you'll eventually forget about most of it. I had completely forgotten about having RLS during my pregnancy until I heard them talking about on the radio. Either way, I hate that you feel like it's such a huge crime to complain. It's hard and there's no shame in not enjoying all the pains. =J

    ReplyDelete